The final weeks of school can be some of the best days of the year. We are celebrating a year's worth of growth and we are proud of all of the accomplishments. It is exciting! With that, I challenge you to take some time to reflect on the year coming to a close and also prepare your students (and yourself) for the summer months just a few hours or days away. Face it, you have worked hard and acheieved so much. Be excited and celebrate. And, have a plan for moving forward.
1. Review Your Goals. We all started the year with both personal and professional goals and with the best intentions hopefully we achieved them. Take a few moments and reflect on what you have done this year. Here is a letter I send to my teachers along with a copy of their goal sheet. From there, it is up to them to do a review and plan for the year awaiting.
2. The Power of the Team. We are better at what we do because we work together, we collaborate. These jobs on our own would be daunting and overwhelming. As you wrap up the year, reflect on the power of your team and where things could be tweaked, refined or improved. Check out this document that we used this year with our middle level teams as the wrapped up their work. Our goal was to share with them this template and then come together to process.
3. Check the Pulse. If you truly want to know the direction of your staff, you better ask them. Literally. Don't be afraid to hear the straight talk from you teachers and seek feedback from all aspects of the school year. We should expect feedback from our staff so that we can grow and ensure we are meeting the needs of those we work with. It is essential and this is your chance as a leader to get the information you need to be that much more successful.
4. Plan for Personal Professional Growth. If you expect your students to grow in their knowledge then you better expect the same of yourself. You have put in countless hours this school year in planning and delivering best practice. Now it is time to take care of yourself. Check out this list of resources for your summer learning. Whether reading a good book, attending an EdCamp or blogging, there are some simple and powerful ways to grow as a learner.
5. Balance is Essential. The saying goes that if you work hard you should play hard. The same applies for us as educators. As you think about all of the work you have accomplished this year, take an opportunity to give yourself a break. Spend time with friends and family and power off. Find balance in the days and weeks ahead.
Remember, some of the best learning can happen away from the classroom. You have worked tirelessly to prepare your students and your staff for the next chapter in their learning. Reflect, celebrate, be purposeful and enjoy your today as you work toward being ready for tomorrow and beyond.
Wow, what a way to end the year, and plan for the next one as well! Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
IEEE Final Year projects Project Centers in Chennai are consistently sought after. Final Year Students Projects take a shot at them to improve their aptitudes. IEEE Final Year project centers ground for all fragments of CSE & IT engineers hoping to assemble.Final Year Projects for CSEDelete
Spring Framework has already made serious inroads as an integrated technology stack for building user-facing applications. Spring Framework Corporate TRaining .
Specifically, Spring Framework provides various tasks are geared around preparing data for further analysis and visualization. Spring Training in Chennai
The Angular Training covers a wide range of topics including Angular Directives, Angular Services, and Angular programmability.Angular Training
Written like a true leader! Thank you for your guidance for an aspiring administrator. I appreciate you sharing great resources.ReplyDelete
There are lot of source that provide company profile online for all kind of marketing. They have worked with corporate profiles before and have a firm understanding of what can make an organization truly stand out.ReplyDelete
fitflops sale clearanceReplyDelete
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet canada
coach factory outlet online
ray ban glasses
coach factory outlet online
nike outlet online
Nice Blog, Very Informative Content,waiting for next update...ReplyDelete
SAS Training in Chennai
SAS Course in Chennai
SAS Training Institute in Chennai
SAS Training in OMR
SAS Training in Porur
clinical sas training in chennai
Mobile Testing Training in Chennai
QTP Training in Chennai
Hibernate Training in Chennai
DOT NET Training in Chennai
Great Post!!! Thanks for the data update and waiting for your new updates.ReplyDelete
Android Training in Chennai
Android Course in Chennai
android development course in chennai
Android Training in Annanagar
Android training in vadapalani
Digital Marketing Course in Chennai
Python Training in Chennai
Big data training in chennai
JAVA Training in Chennai
Just the way I have expected. Your website really is interestingReplyDelete
Digital Marketing Training Course in Chennai | Digital Marketing Training Course in Anna Nagar | Digital Marketing Training Course in OMR | Digital Marketing Training Course in Porur | Digital Marketing Training Course in Tambaram | Digital Marketing Training Course in Velachery
Thanks a lot for sharing such a good source with all, i appreciate your efforts taken for the same. I found this worth sharing and must share this with all.ReplyDelete
Dot Net Training in Chennai | Dot Net Training in anna nagar | Dot Net Training in omr | Dot Net Training in porur | Dot Net Training in tambaram | Dot Net Training in velachery
IELTS training in chennai
German Classes in Chennai
GRE Coaching Classes in Chennai
TOEFL Coaching in Chennai
spoken english classes in chennai | Communication training
yeezy boost 350 v2
golden goose sneakers
kobe basketball shoes
replica ysl bags australia replica bags joy replica bags joyReplyDelete