As I was listening and learning today from George Coursos, it hit me. While I have had a sense of being at a loss these past few months for not modeling a platform of reflection (blogging) that I take great pride in, I was reminded (via George's comments) that quite possibly my growth this year has happened in other ways, equally as powerful, just not nearly as noticeable.
Mr. Couros reminded me/us that while we need to find ways in which to share out our story, the way in which we do can change over time just like our students change the way in which they learn over time. And even though we may become accustomed to one particular way of doing so, we must constantly be evolving ourselves as learners. And therefore, as teachers.
The reality is that this past year I have found other ways to grow personally and professionally. And finally after months of "guilt" (and with the help of today's conversation), I feel a sense of understanding in my journey.
This year, maybe more than others in years past, I have been more intentional and purposeful with:
- Engaging with face-to-fact conversations and having deeper conversations about being impactful and effective in teaching and learning/leading.
- Sharing our/my school story of successes and failures in teaching and learning through both my personal twitter account and our school (@wmscats) account and most importantly our school hashtag, #WeaverWay.
- Helping others grow by encouraging and modeling multiple platforms of social media to reflect and grow as educators.
- Reading some amazing books about my current role as an administrator and future role next year. (Message me if you would like my list!)
- Growing others through intentional professional development as a community of learners.
- Focusing on relationships first and foremost with students, staff, colleagues and community.
- Building leadership capacity in those I work with day in and day out.
Reflecting today, and hearing the message of the morning, I am letting myself "off the hook" for not writing/blogging as much. Because in the end, I have grown just as much (if not more) but just in other ways and while using other tools.
Mr. Couros also reminded me that if we ask our students to change in the ways in which they learn, then I too can change the way in which I am taught. The goal is growth. And for me, I have done just that this year.
M&M to acquire M&M casino operator M&M, Inc. - KT-TVReplyDelete
M&M and the M&M brand, 광명 출장마사지 which owns 김제 출장안마 and operates the M&M 나주 출장안마 Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, MGM Grand, and 양산 출장샵 Wynn Las 서귀포 출장마사지 Vegas.